Birth Parent Representation
Helping Protect Your Rights
Considering placement of your child for adoption can be an agonizing decision that few people in your life may understand. Please don't feel like you need to make this decision alone. It is your right to have in-person guidance that is free of judgment from a compassionate professional who can empower you to understand the full range of options available to you and your child.
At the Law Offices of Deborah E. Spivack, I have worked with many birth parents like you who are trying to make the best plan for their future and that of their child. Adoption placement is one of many options that we can explore together. Placing your child for adoption is a lifelong decision that warrants thoughtful consideration and candid discussion with a professional who can help you understand your options and advocate for your rights.
When you retain my firm, we will discuss the options you have available to you, including:
- Options and alternatives when facing an unplanned pregnancy
- The types of adoption that exist and may best suit your needs
- Your vision for the type of family you wish to see adopt your child
- The meanings of open adoption and closed adoption, and the range of alternatives on the spectrum in between
- Your legal rights in your state of residence and in comparison to the laws of other states
- The legal process for adoption placement, including a timeline of important events
- The option for contact with the child after the adoption or later when he or she reaches adulthood
- Drafting necessary documentation to achieve your goals
Work with The Law Offices of Deborah E. Spivack
I understand that you have a lot to think about and that this time in your life may be difficult. You deserve and are entitled to consult an attorney who is familiar with the legal and emotional issues associated with considering alternatives to parenting. With the guidance of an experienced adoption attorney, you can come to an informed decision regarding your future and the future of your child.
Let's sit down and discuss your options and work together to plan a process that suits your needs. If you are considering adoption, or if you have questions about what options are available to you, I encourage you to contact the Law Offices of Deborah E. Spivack. If you have questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact my firm and schedule a consultation in Philadelphia, Delaware, or New Jersey.